3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp Salt
1 egg yoke
1 tsp olive oil
Beetroot powder or juice
100g ricotta cheese
Place the flour in a pile at the center of a large cutting board
or bench top. Make a well in the center of the flour.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat with olive oil
and salt until just enough to blend. Pour the mixture into the
middle of the well and mix together slowly using a fork.
3. Once all the ingredients are combined and resemble chuckly,
rough breadcrumbs, press into a ball and cover in plastic wrap.
Store in the chiller for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove from chiller and unwrap. On a floured bench, work the
pasta into smoothe dough. Incorporate more flour if needed by
dusting the bench with the desired amount.
5. Shape the dough into a rectangle and begin to roll through
the pasta roller starting at the highest setting and, working
your way down until the sheets are rolled out on 'setting (1)'.
6. Lay the pasta sheets out on the floured bench top and cut into
rectangles 3cm in length.
7. Using a piping bag, squeeze a lone of ricotta cheese in the
center and leave 2mm on each end for sealing. Brush sides and
ends with egg yolk. Roll to cover ricotta and press the ends down
© 2009 FoodFriends. All rights reserved :: DISCLAIMER ::Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concept & Design by Adrian
Cheah, Neo Sentuhan Sdn Bhd