cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of picked basil
1/4 cup of picked Italian flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup of picked English spinach
Wash leaves and dry very well in a salad spinner of softly between
2 kitchen towels.
2. Bring a large stainless steel pot of water to rapid boil, blanch
all herbs for 2-3 seconds, then remove from water with a slotted
sppon and refrsh in iced water immediately.
3. When herbs are cold, remove from iced water and gently squeeze
out the water to remove all remaining liquid.
4. Using a very sharp knife, cut the herbs semi-finely and place
in an upright drinks blender with adjustable speeds.
5. Start tje blender slowly and crush the herbs until plup, then
slowly add olive oil like you would from mayonnaise but in stages
(introduce 1 cup over 4-5 stages).
6. Ensure the herb paste is pureee before adding olive oil over
7. When all oil is incorporated, adjust speed setting to 'High'
and continue to blend until you feel the side of the jug begin
to slightly warm.
8. Pour basil oil mix intoa fine strainer covered in cheese cloth
and allow to pass through slowly over time.
9. Store the basil oil in an air tight container in the chiller
and try to avoid any exposure to light.
© 2009 FoodFriends. All rights reserved :: DISCLAIMER ::Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concept & Design by Adrian
Cheah, Neo Sentuhan Sdn Bhd