fresh vanilla pods
500ml clarified butter/ ghee
Live Australian yabbies
Place clarified butter on very low heat. Scrape out seeds from
the vanilla pods and place in butter together with the skins.
2. Leave butter on very low heat for 10 minutes and then leave
to infuse on the bench until it is cool.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
4. Place yabbies in a deep stainless steel tray and cover with
5. Drop the very cold yabbies into rapid boiling water and leave
for 30 seconds.
6. Remove and refresh in ices water until cold.
7. Peel yabbies as you would prawns and pick out the claws.
8. Place vanilla butter back on stove top and bring up to 70 degrees.
9. Add yabbie tails and poach slowly until just cooked through.
© 2009 FoodFriends. All rights reserved :: DISCLAIMER ::Email: email@example.com
Concept & Design by Adrian
Cheah, Neo Sentuhan Sdn Bhd